Friday, November 07, 2008

random brain vomit on a Friday morning

Warning: This post will be erratic and contain no attempt at remaining on topic. Please proceed.

Lately I've been in one of those funks where I feel insanely lonely in SF. I've got some good friends out here but it's tough to replace the people that I've spent years of building relationships with back east. I'm sure that traveling back to DC last weekend doesn't exactly help this "void" as it just reminded me of how great my peeps really are. I don't mean this next statement to read exactly like it will but I am not crafty enough with a keyboard to come up with another way to put it. But, the people I didn't see on my trip made me realize how much I miss them. We were so close, and now, back to far away. Such is life when you decide to pack it up and move I guess.

All things physical seem to be going really well for me of late. I'm feeling really strong on my bike and following through my make it up as a I go training plan seems to be working. I'm "fit" enough to ride at the port and with some of the local fast guys but I'm not in race shape. So, for this time of year and how it seems to be progressing I'd say I'm right where I need to be. Plenty of room to improve without getting dropped.

The other thing I've been doing is rock climbing. I can really only fit in two climbs, three if I'm lucky per week. Still, with those 2 I've started climbing everything in the 5.10 range. I've sent a few 5.10ds and can do all 5.10as and bs without much trouble. I'm pretty stoked about this because it means that I am right at the point where I can take the Lead climbing class and maybe actually get myself outside on some real rock at some point. I also might trust the stuff in the gym far too much but last night I peeled off a climb where the rope was anchored around a corner and I was on a crazy overhang. This resulted in my flying around the gym like Peter Pan. Insanely fun!

Internet dating websites = totally useless! Enough said. Don't do it. Save your money. Buy a hooker or something.

If I hear one more person say that Penn State deserves to play in the national championship (over an undefeated Texas Tech and Alabama) because this might be Joe Pa's last season I might slap them. Seriously, I know that Joe Pa was at the table when the sport was invented. I think he's probably one of the coolest coaches in college football. Unfortunately for Joe Pa his Nittany Lions play in the Big 10 and that means their schedule is way to soft to be jumping anybody coming out of the SEC or Big 12 this year. ESPECIALLY a Texas Tech team that if they win out will have beaten three teams (Texas, OK State, OK) all in the top 10 in three weeks. Who'd Penn State beat? An over ranked Ohio State? Give me a break.

I gotta find a new place to live. I'll spare the details but I've made this harder on myself than it needs to be for various reasons. That's a bit frustrating.

I need to make out with somebody. Not really in such general terms. But see my post earlier in the week about admitting things and it costing money. I'm keeping this one internal. Sort of.

That's all I got.

1 comment:

T said...

basically one of the reasons that i love you is that you vomit so cleanly. oh and i totally felt your pain in lots of different ways...another way to ralph for sure. except i don't want to feel this much pain if i vomit anytime soon. ummmm kay?