Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cyclo-cross

Recently I've had a lot of friends racing cyclo-cross and all of them encourage me to do it. I don't think they do this because they feel I'd be any good at it. I think they mostly just want someone else to suffer as much as they are.

I've really wanted to do it and the only things holding me back are mostly, I don't have a bike, and second, I'm pretty sure after watching the video below that once you do own the bike you are constantly repairing or replacing it or it's parts. That I certainly can't afford.

But, maybe one day. And for the 3 of you who read this and might not know what cyclo-cross is, consider yourself introduced. In reality, it does look like a lot of fun!

4 comments:

debbiep said...

Call me boring, chicken or whatever but I don't think that would be my sport. Their not clipped in are they? I assume it is regular pedals.

landall said...

They are indeed clipped in. They're just that good at getting in and out very fast and smooth. When they jump off to climb the stairs or jump barriers it's like poetry in motion. When I finally get a cross bike it will not look that graceful!

debbiep said...

Wow I am impressed. I thought with how fast they were getting off and on they were using regular pedals.

Unknown said...

I am with you Landall. Though I have to ask, with all the guys crashing there at the hairpin turn, was that course design intentional? Remember that time we signed up for Half IM Miami? I really we wish we had done it.