Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Go America!

I am not a political expert and admittedly was sick of the Presidential campaign about 2 years ago so I don't want to pretend like I can explain the outcome in any greater depth than Obama got more votes.

One of those votes was my vote which is the point of this very short blurb. This is the first time since I've been of voting age that I've been on the winning side of a big election. I wrote yesterday about how I feel voting is sort of useless on a completely personal level, but, I voted anyway and now that my side has won, I sort of like the feeling and will probably vote again in the future.

Last night when the announcement was made I was in downtown Oakland on my bicycle coming back from a Tuesday night ride at the Port. Mayhem is probably the only way to describe it and I felt sort of lucky to get through the streets alive and back to my car. If I had died because I was ran over by a crazy Obama person my mom would probably not be thrilled with his victory. Lucky for me I survived and maybe our country can experience some of this change he's been speaking of. Let's hope at this point it wasn't all just rhetoric and something actually happens.

Either way, Go America!

No comments: