Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Power Data

Here in Oakland we have a Tuesday night training ride at the Port of Oakland. It's basically a crit with no finish line, but don't tell that to 90% of the guys that show up in hot pursuit of the imaginary leader's jersey. In fact, there was a guy there last night with a green jersey that did not match the rest of his kit so I'm thinking he must be leading in the points competition.

Anyway, since I'm too poor to own an actual power meter I decided to estimate the power output from last nights ride. It can be found in the scientific chart below.



George Hincapie's self reported average of 290 watts over 7 hours and 5200 feet of climbing has nothing on me!

If you or any of your friends are interested in seeing actual power numbers from me throughout this season and the future I will gladly take donations towards to purchase of a real power meter. I'd even consider naming it and my bike after you. If that'd encourage you to reach for that wallet?

No comments: