Thursday, March 19, 2009

My NCAA Bracket

Admittedly this bracket is the least informed one I've picked in years. Upon moving to an apartment with no TV and not even following Mason very closely because of that, I may have watched 3 college basketball games all season. However, with that said, I've been in too many pools where someone's girlfriend won by picking teams with cuter mascots or the most color coordinated uniforms. So, I guess you never know.

It's mostly chalk with the exception of blatantly picking all 1's in the Final Four. I didn't pick many upsets because I just don't know who's good in mid-major basketball this year. While I picked UCLA to beat VCU I will of course cheer against my own bracket during the actual game. A win in the Tourney by a CAA team lends validity to all mid-major conferences! Go Rams!

Random thoughts:
- Villanova gets to play the opening round in Philly? Is that fair? Do they even need that?
- I got Wisconsin going to the sweet 16 for no better reason that I think I remember hearing a story early in the year that they were good. But I can't be for sure.
- I have 3 ACC teams in the Final Four with an ACC championship game. This might be crazy, but I mean, it could happen!
- I am not a Cal fan. But I hate Maryland. That is probably the game in the opening round that I hope to see the biggest blow out. Gary Williams is an asshole. I hope he breaks his hip during the game and then gets trampled but a heard of elephants. Figuratively speaking of course!
- I picked Missouri to make it to the final four. My reasoning...(shoulder shrug).
- When is Mason going to turn into Gonzaga of the east?
- I tried to figure out a way to pick Mason to win it all, but for some reason, I couldn't find our name in the opening round.

No comments: