Friday, March 13, 2009

Not Again...


...was what I said as I walked up to my car at 5:30 in the evening and saw that a band of thieves just weren't happy with the new passenger window that was just installed a few weeks prior. It was clear they wanted to give me the opportunity to try a new guy.

I am also 100% convinced that whoever broke into my car this time is a teamLandall reader because I pointed out that the gps unit in my center console was still there after the last break in. Now, however, someone else is seamlessly finding their away from one destination to another.

From now on my car doors will remain unlocked at all times and I am considering posting a note on the dashboard that says, "Doors are unlocked, there's nothing left to steal."

And, just for good measure, I hope whoever stole my gps either gets lost and finds themselves in the middle of a drug cartel shoot out. Or, while using the "walking" function and holding the system in their hands, they trip and fall into a giant puddle and are painfully electrocuted to the point of 2nd degree burns.

It seems only fair.

4 comments:

debbiep said...

Not again was exactly what I said when we heard from you yesterday. I am sorry this happened once again. Jerks...if you see them walking and holding the GPS chase them down with the car. Don't run over them...I don't want to have to come visit you in jail.

T said...

jail is not a good place. no not at all.

plus then i would totally feel obligated to visit you or something.

i am in dc. tomorrow i see dr. jane. i might have to see shel bell on friday but i might just have sara (the new me) come meet me somewhere else so i don't have to see s.b. hmmm what do you think?

landall said...

I think you should say hi to everyone for me. However, I have a feeling you are no longer there.

Unknown said...

Was that in the city again? Looks like Oakland really is the place to be... Unless you are female and trying to walk to work on a warm day...