Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Best April Fools Joke

An email sent out to the whole company from the CFO. I was so pissed at first, then it dawned on me after realizing this was not legal.

Hi Everyone,
I noticed this morning that there are still items in the entryway of the office that shouldn’t be there. Given that I do not want to continue to send out emails about this problem, we’ve decided to institute a new policy. If you leave something at the entryway, we’ll deduct $25 from everyone’s paycheck which will go to our general company social fund. There will be one $25 deduction applied on your next paycheck for what happened this week (this does not include the warehouse team).
While it would be great to have more money towards our social time, I think we’d probably all prefer not to have that fund, so I encourage people who have items there to clear them out.

The best part, people rushed to the front to clean it all out! Well done!

No comments: