Friday, December 19, 2008

Abbreviated Words and Substitutions

Typing was invented so people could write faster. Why then do people insist upon abbreviating words when they type them? Especially in ways that can't possibly save any time. Writing the word "government" as "gov't" certainly saves time. Writing the word "come" as "cum" does not save time. In fact it's an entirely different word with a definition that has nothing to do with it's intention in sentences when it's used.

What I've noticed lately that drives me even more insane than abbreviations that don't abbreviate much are "bad" words where people use characters to replace vowels. You aren't fooling anyone or changing what you intend the word to mean if you write "f*ck" instead of "fuck." It doesn't change anything. Just write the word you intended and move on.

2 comments:

T said...

shit
shit
shit!

don't know if this post was intended for me and my facebook post about sh*t but ppsssst i have little people reading my page. geez! give a girl a break :)

miss your face!

landall said...

it was not about you. but the little people know what sh*t means. if they don't, I'll tell them.