Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Extravaganza!

I can't tell you how many flights I've been on that have offered up flight vouchers if people were willing to take a later one. In every case I always want to do it but am unable because I need to be back wherever it is I'm going. This morning I was scheduled to fly out of San Antonio at 8am to get back to SF around 10am. I put myself on the volunteer list just in case they started auctioning off cash and prizes.

So, here I am. Complimentary accommodations at the very swanky LaQuinta Inn. I am booked for the same flight tomorrow, only I was upgraded to first class for being so patient. I also put myself on that volunteer list as well so maybe I can get bumped off that flight and get another free flight voucher.

My goal is to try and get as many free flights as I can for the next year. I don't think I will have enough vacation or money to take advantage of more than a couple if I can amass them, but, the options will be there.

With no plans for any sort of New Years celebration it seems sort of fitting that I'll likely be in this room, by myself, asleep by the time the ball or whatever it is they drop in San Antonio. Maybe a spur?



Let's make some official public New Year's resolutions:
(I have given this absolutely no thought so who knows where this is going!)

- Lose weight. I figure this one is a pretty universal one. Getting myself down to a solid fighting weight in the 148-153 range will make me ride my bike about 1 mph faster.
- Be less of a jerk. I don't really mean that one. It just seems nice to say.


Ok, I decided that was lame and no longer want to write those out. Drink a lot. Maybe till you vomit!

I gotta go find the cheapest way to the river walk so I can entertain myself while I'm here.

2 comments:

T said...

oh landall i wish i were with you to take part in your new years resolutions. things like losing weight and drinking until i vomit sound like such fun :)

hook 'em horns! somehow i lost your number and couldn't even text you last night. i watched with baited breath hoping they could pull it out! go team tay-haus!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you ate a Rosario's when you were stuck in San Antonio. That restaurant is one of the greatest places I've eaten anywhere. But then I know you're not really into food.

Are you alive?