Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fat Kid!

I have this habit of referring to myself as "fat kid" when I'm talking to some of my cyclist buddies. I don't really mean fat kid in the way you made fun of the chunky kid in 4th grade. For me, it's really a term I use to describe my state of fitness. Once I'm fit and in race shape, I'll probably stop, but while its the off season and base miles are being gathered by the plenty, using the term "fat kid" is just another small motivating tool to get myself where I need to be.

In reality, I'm grossly anorexic. The body mass index charts say so. I challenge to google one, find the box between 6'2" and 6'3" and then find the corresponding weight of about 157lbs. It doesn't exist. According to that chart, I need to seek attention fr an eating disorder. But, since I think that chart is stupid, I could always stand to lose a few pounds because nothing makes you ride your bike faster than being lighter.



Last night, riding home from the port, all my fat kid jokes seemed to come back to me as I broke my saddle. I should point out that I ride on a Tiogo Spyder which is all plastic, but still, it's rated to people up to 185. So, fat kid really might be a fat kid. Hopefully they'll warranty it. If they don't, I'll be riding a pink saddle I borrowed from Jennifer in the mean time. It's super cute yo!



Maybe last night was telling me I need to be at 150 by race season?

1 comment:

debbiep said...

Wear your pink Century shirt and you will match perfect, fatty. Christmas is getting close! Actually its dad signed in moms acount