Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sort of Ironic

If you know me then you know I love Texas Longhorns football. I am quickly realizing the biggest draw back to relocating to San Francisco is that I will probably not get a single Texas game outside of the Red River Shootout on television.

If you know me then you are probably also aware of my absolute hatred for the Virginia Tech Hokies. I hate VA Tech more than I hate Oklahoma and from a life long Texas fan, that's saying something.

As I am writing this the first nationally televised game of the season is on my television. It's not Texas, they don't play till later and since they scheduled the powerhouse that is FAU I realized that game wouldn't be on anyway. Do I get to watch some PAC 10 no defense, all offense track meet? No. Am I stuck watching some rediculously slow Big 10 game? No. Is there some regionally important match up that I don't understand since I just moved here? No. I get VA Tech vs. ECU. This makes no sense to me as nobody on the west coast can possibly care about this game. I better get some Texas games at some point this season or I'm moving.

1 comment:

debbiep said...

I agree that doesn't make any sense. Move to Texas and I bet you will see some Texas games then.