Thursday, June 24, 2010

People Like Soccer, Every 4 Years Anyway

I'm no huge fan of soccer. I follow what I feel like is a pretty typical cycle for Americans where I pretend like soccer doesn't exist until it's World Cup time. And then, I only passively pay attention to what is going on. Yesterday, the good old USofA beat Algeria in stoppage time, whatever that is, to advance out of it's group, or bracket, or whatever they call it. Even if you're like me, and had no interest in watching the actual game, the reactions of people who did watch the game are pretty incredible. I'll concede the point that there aren't many other times, not even in the Olympics, when an "entire" nation erupts in this fashion over a game.

Check out some videos that have been compiled here. It's well worth taking a look.

No comments: