Wednesday, February 18, 2009

SF thieves are thoughtful!

When I opened my drivers side door this morning I noticed a lot of glass in my passenger seat. At first it didn't dawn on me what had happened because let's face it, my car isn't that nice. But, after about another second it was confirmed that some fools roaming the streets of California wanted to give me the opportunity to replace my passenger side window and take advantage of some of the deals on new cd players that I've seen on web ads. Not only that, but they were nice enough to unhook the cd player instead of just yanking it out and destroying the wires. Class acts really! My Garmin GPS was in the center console and luckily they didn't bother to look in there. But, to show just how focused they were they didn't bother to take the two boxes of jelly belly's that I had in the glove box in preparation for the long drive this weekend. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate these guys consideration!

It didn't dawn on me to take a picture with my cell phone until after I scooped 90% of the glass into the gutter. By then it seemed too late to capture the full artful-ness of the moment.

Oh well. In all reality I'm not really that upset by this. I mean it certainly sucks, but I guess when you live in the city and always park on the street it's bound to happen. I'm sort of surprised it took this long!

No comments: