Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Bike Commute Disaster

I thought my back felt a little warm on my ride into work this morning. It was chilly out, low 50s, and the wind was, as they say in the south, "a whoopin'!" so I figured it was just because of my backpack. Well, turns out that was partly true.

When I got to work I discovered that my trusty thermos filled with my landall strength brew had decided today wasn't the day it was going to stay closed. There was a solid puddle in the bottom of the back pack but luckily most if it soaked through and only my back and riding clothes, not my work clothes, located in the same compartment. I'm not really sure how this worked out, but the only place with any real coffee saturation were the inside of both knees on my pants, which are black, so not really a big deal.

I suppose the lesson learned is to both check the thermos to ensure it's actually sealed tight and put it in a different compartment just in case, maybe in a freezer bag also.

On another only vaguely related note, there's been a lot of news stories of some guy using a cloth to determine what Jesus looked like. I'll admit I'm skeptical and unsure as to why anybody would fund this project. But if I were funding it I'd be a little more than pissed that his rendering basically looks like every picture I've ever seen painted of Jesus in white churches where Jesus is always portrayed as a ripped white dude. Whether Jesus existed or not, beyond the claims of savor-like, he was not a white dude as white dudes aren't from Israel, you know, sort of. I'm pretty sure I'd ask for all my money back. Speaking of the face of Jesus, I don't see one in the coffee stain of my under shirt, which is really too bad because if one were there I could probably sell it on ebay for at least the price of a new cup of coffee.

No comments: