Thursday, March 31, 2011

Please Try!

An open letter to all Pro-ass bike racers not named Fabian Cancellara.

Dear Pro-ass bike racers not named Fabian Cancellara,

I know you're 100% aware of this but the Tour of Flanders is on Saturday which is awesome. It happens to be my favorite spring classic, not that this should matter that much to you.

I stumbled upon a little video on VeloNews.com where a few of your colleagues were making comments about how Fabian Cancellara is basically unbeatable and while nobody came right out and said it, everyone was pretty much insinuating that if he attacks it's a race for second. Look, I get it, he's really fast. And, I've read and heard the accounts that say even just staying on his wheel is tough. I get that too. But please, for the love of Eddie Merckx do not, and I repeat, DO NOT have another pitiful show of cowardliness that took place at Paris-Roubaix last year. When Cancellara attacked with 60k out every single one of you besides Tom Boonen all sat up and felt sorry for yourselves that you were now going to get 2nd. Don't do that again. Please chase. Make me and all my fellow cycling fans believe that you guys actually want to win races, even if that means you risk losing them.

If Fabian wins on Sunday fine. He's a super fast bike racer and I'm sure he'd like nothing more than to prove he's unbeatable. Shouldn't all of you take that as a challenge to prove he is? I don't even care who wins I just want to see a good race where all the "stars" of cycling actually look like they've earned that title because they're willing to bury themselves to win.

I know you all want to win to so I'm sure you'll all be trying very hard and that's all we ask.

Sincerely,

TeamLandall

No comments: